View Single Post
Old 06-27-2010, 11:08 AM   #1
aa87
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (1)
aa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant futureaa87 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to aa87
Z32 Upright Discussion (coilovers, binding, unsprung weight)

I got a really good deal on an entire z32 rear upright coming with full calipers all around. I really want to put them in because of the weight advantage of losing unsprung weight, but figuring out whether powered by max has a z32 rear perch has been one issue along with a few others.

1. Anybody know any other manufacturers, (megan, Stance) that use the same coilover thread and coilover diameters as the powered by max where I can use the z32 rear coilover mounts on my powered by max coilovers?
2. After seeing issues with bushing movement, as well as potential binding, rubbing of mounts, etc, what are solutions. I see that a high articulation spherical such as what skullworks is selling seems to be a good option, but I havent seen images of what that looks like with a coilover, including clearances the toe arm/upright itself. Spherical is pretty pricey but you have to pay to play.
3. Or with these concerns, should i ditch the upright all together. I will be doing full z32 brakes with the rear ebrake and figure might as well swap the upright on, but im concerned with issues like this, then it may not be the upgrade for me, though i read in one bind thread, one guy removed his after some bad coilover rubbing, but claimed he had a noticeable difference due to the ~8lb reduction in unsprung weight.

Opinions/solutions?