View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #2050
MyRBpissesMeOff

Trader Rating: (0)
MyRBpissesMeOff is an unknown quantity at this point
Whats up guys I have a couple questions for ya. My tranny has been steadily getting worse through each gear since I had it swapped back in sept. When it's cold out or when the engine hasn't warmed up yet it grinds really badly into 2nd and a little into 3rd. but when it's a hot day and the engines warmed up the grinding is either barely noticeable or doesnt happen. I heard it's because the fluid in the tranny is to thick, is that true?

Also when I see a red light ahead of me and I start braking and Im in neutral or 2nd rolling to a complete stop, the light turns to green, So while still rolling I try to put it in first but it doesn't want to go. So I have to basically either jam it in there or come to a complete stop and then it will slide in. Same reason as above or is it like bad synchros or something?

And when ever I start from a stop a short high pitched squeal comes from my front left brake area. you can also occasionally slightly here it when driving also. Is it a bad rotor? brake? caliper?

Thanks alot guys any helps appreciated. and its a rb20det with rb20 transmission, stage 2 exedy clutch and the pivot ball was recently replaced if any of that matters.
MyRBpissesMeOff is offline   Reply With Quote