View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #1
bllabong89
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (7)
bllabong89 is an unknown quantity at this point
SLYDEurTYRE S14 Build...pic heavy

Rush Garage

So I traded my ek civic hatch for my current 1995 s14 in late 2009. I have always wanted a 240 and I finally have one after years of searching. This is my first and only 240sx. My pops has a 280z with 35k original miles.

I have never done a full build or anything to this caliber or detail before so I may do things a little unorthadox but it has been turning out pretty decent so far...

About a week after I traded my car, I was sitting at a stop sign and some kid thinkin hes speed racer came flying around the corner. He came through my lane and caught the front of my car on the side of his saturn.

Afterwards, he admitted to the cop that he cut the corner to sharp, hit me and was speeding...when he talked to the insurance people, he said that I hit him. So for me sitting at a stop sign, I was awarded 40% of the fault because "I should have seen him coming." lol, ok.

I roughly received around 1900 for the damages to my car...With that, I bought some new parts.

Kouki front end

APEXi GT Spec Exhaust

Tein Basic Coilovers(will be changed...don't worry)

Cusco Spin Knob

So I put all of the above on. The kouki front had a shattered drivers headlight and a smashed up passenger fender from the previous owner sliding off the road and hitting a sewer. I ended up buying a fender from nissan(was not cheap even with my body shop discount) and a headlight off ebay.

my buddies s2k in the back

I put the exhaust on and replaced the old shitty thing that was supposedly called an exhaust system.lol. I also put the E-brake knob on. Didn't do to well since I changed my brake pads and noticed that my passenger ebrake cable was snapped...

I also started gathering parts over the winter to install.

Yamato Garage suspension parts

JDM Kouki Grill

I also got a Mishimoto Radiator

My NRG Short Hub and Q/R with my Nardi/Fardi Suede Steering Wheel

I ended up installing the steering wheel and the radiator. My buddies brother busted his radiator so I sold him my stock one and threw my new one on.

After that stuff, I started on the rust and remodeling work. I had some mean rust underneath my back left drivers seat mount.

I was going to try and keep the seat mount but I saw this so decided to get rid of it all

After I cut it out...

And then I began to bend some 16ga. steel up and started welding it in.

Its not the best but it holds very well

I put the seat in and marked where the mount needed to be. The new floor pan was almost the perfect height.

I also picked up a new nut and welded it to a square of 16ga. Once I had the hole drilled, I threaded the nut on and welded the plate into position.

I also have some rust on my rocker panel...which I cut out but haven't fixed yet.lol

And the aftermath...

By this time, I had found a good deal on an Origin Streamline Aero kit so I went ahead and picked it up.

The front went on pretty well, the sides and back are a different story. I still need to finish them up. A little bit of cutting and fiberglass work...But I did get the new grill on for a sneek peek

I also picked up some POR-15 rust preventative paint, marine clean and metal ready for the interior one finished.

And here is my Greddy Type S BOV awaiting a turbo

And some SS brake lines I picked up from AMS Motorsports for the cheap

I know this is alot of pictures of parts but I am waiting on finishing up the body before putting the goodies on for the most part.

I have been thinking of getting a steering quickener but haven't decided on it completely yet.

I did manage to build my Power Brace tho...

bllabong89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links