View Single Post
Old 07-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #189
jspaeth
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
jspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfectionjspaeth is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamanrr View Post
are you connections soldered or crimped? You know I had a similar problem on a Honda I owned once. It would do the same thing. Sometimes the wiring strands will stray out like one wire and make contact with another wire in the loom. Grounding out and causing an on again off again problem. Remember however unlikely you think the repair that fixes the problem is -- it has to be the solution. Sounds like you are getting there.
I am not really sure....someone did the swap for me 4 years ago, and as far as I can tell, they did a really good job on the wiring....have had NO electrical issues like this for 4 years, and that is with ahving moved the ECU and wire harness around more than once.

I guess it's possible that a bad connection has been the issue, but everything I've experienced has seemed like a problem that got worst as the car was on for a longer period of time (i.e. heat related).

Ugh....who knows.

Daily driven
jspaeth is offline   Reply With Quote