View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 08:22 PM   #21
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychomoongoose View Post
Even the sikky kit? it seems like it mounts fairly low.
I don't want to put down any vendor so I'll just keep the comments to my own application.

For me, every Sikky LS-series swap I've seen puts the engine way too high and too far forward for me. It may be ok for you but it's too high and too frontward for me.

I went with a custom mount that puts the engine 6 inches into the firewall. The top of my carburetor on custom mounts sits lower than the intake of an LS1 on Sikky mount.

FYI, the carb is a good 2-3" higher than the LS1 intake when measured from the bottom of the block so that gives you a good idea of how high the Sikky kit is.

The Hinson and Sikky kits sit way too high for me. I haven't seen the McKinney kit so I can't comment.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote