View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #28
g6civcx
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (5)
g6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfectiong6civcx is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX1 View Post
Are you crazy? $15k?! You can do it for well under $10k if you shop smart & do the labor yourself, you can prolly do it for under $8k
$15k sounds like a lot, but keep in mind that when I was looking for a T56, it cost damn near $3k to find one in crappy shape. I got my T5 for $600 from a 305 Camaro sitting in the junkyard.

An LS1 in good shape would have easily cost me another $3-4k. If you can get a good deal on an LS1 then you should jump on it, but I was having trouble finding good used LS1s. My entire longblock/intake/carb costs $2000 new from GMPP.

Just the drivetrain alone would have cost me at least $6-7k. All the other small stuff like standalone engine harness and engine management, conversion kit for the power steering, cooling, engine mounts, etc., would have cost me another $3k easily if I wanted to do it right.

That's almost $10k in just parts before the price of the engine mount kits.

On top of that you add in all the incidentals and it's another few grand easily.

All this is before labor. If you pay a shop it's easily $15k or more.

Give Hinson a call to get an idea. They gave me a rough estimate of around $15k give or take a few grand to drop your car off, have them do the work, and be able to drive away.
g6civcx is offline   Reply With Quote