View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #1493
Lovely Idol Inc.
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (1)
Lovely Idol Inc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Lovely Idol Inc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeoneWhoIsntMe View Post
So, I'm looking for JW0 millennium jade for my s14, since it's paint is absolutely trashed and it needs bodywork anyway. called up the local paint place which mixes dupont, and the lady couldn't find any nissan code JW0 in the computer, but she could find a JW1 which comes up as a yellowish green metallic with pearl effect from a 2000 nissan. Does JW0 have a pearl in it?

I've seen JW1 in lists of color codes for nissan online, but I couldn't find out which car it came on or any pictures of it. I'm probably going to go for it anyway, because yellow-green metallic pearl sounds exactly what I'm looking for, and that place is pretty cheap.

But, before I go and buy it, does anyone have a clue what the hell JW1 is?
You should try to flip through a color book. Also, if the lady put an O instead of zero or vice versa then nothing will show up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gription View Post
I'm doing a single stage so I don't have to worry about the clear. Is a 26/gal compressor gonna be big enough to spray? And do you know around what pressure I should set it at?
This is giving me confidence, thanks!
You are going to have to play with pressure because it differs between guns, my guns are made by sata (like THE best money can buy) and I change pressure while I am spraying a lot because I want it to turn out a certain way. If it looks like it's going on too thick you are probably not using enough pressure or passing over it too slowly when you spray. If it looks dull and dry, you have too much pressure or are not close enough.

usually single stages will go VERY easily but as far as a 26 gallon tank, you may want to do one panel at a time instead of attacking the entire car. I have used 50 gallon tanks that couldn't keep up with me as well, but usually I only use the shop air lines which are all connected to a big industrial one.

Really, all you can do is try to spray something like a bumper or a hood and see if the compressor can keep up or not
Lovely Idol Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote