View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #1499
edsones14
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (0)
edsones14 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely Idol Inc. View Post
Thats pretty funny, you have no clue how many people spray outside of a paint booth and the shit turns out better. I do more custom shit than oem refinish and I DO know what I am talking about. The blue car that was painted outside is also a single stage, no buff, no runs, none of that shit and it is STILL nicer than oem refinished shit done in a booth.

Here is an example of my work outside the booth:

no sanding, no runs, no trash, no buffing, no nothing. Still better than 95% of the cut and buffed piles of shit I have seen and let alone had to fix.

If you CAN spray it inside your garage or do a make shift paint booth obviously you are in better shape, however spraying in paint booths by NO means indicates your paint will turn out well for one simple reason: THE PAINT BOOTH MOVES AIR AROUND AND WHEN YOU WALK AROUND IN IT GUESS WHAT GOES INTO THE AIR AND INTO YOUR PAINT.
Cant argue with the man on that point! In the past i have used some local booths to spray and i was not satisfied with my own work. Booths need maintenance and proper cleaning and if that is not happening then u will jack your shit up. In my case it was just alot more cutting and buffing that wouldnt of been necessary. Anyway thats why i just do it in my garage. I have also seen alot of crappy jobs even after buffing. Thats like an art in itself. Bottom line bro i didnt mean to blast or anything but i wanted to give the new guy some options so at the end of the day he is happy with the outcome and not creating more work for him. Im all about working smarter not harder. By the way nice pics of the rx.
edsones14 is offline   Reply With Quote