View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 02:40 AM   #33
KansaiDrifter
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (6)
KansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud ofKansaiDrifter has much to be proud of
Here's some of the progress for today, went and welded up the mounts, reinstalled them and then dropped the engine out so I can start finalizing things up. I've still got to do some trimming on the mounts to clear the headers but it's minimal. With everything out I'll be doing some clean up, installing the clutch, powersteering lines, pretty much when it goes back in the next time it'll be complete Enjoy some pics for now, because I don't like build threads without pics haha

Final enigne placement, you can see (in person atleast) that the center of the strut towers is down the #2/5 cylinders so there's not much forward weight.

just a pic of the mounts, just used the good old arc welder to weld them up, I really didn't want to tig through 1/2" of steel (2x 1/4") lol. It's a strong weld with good penetration

I tried to get a good shot of ground clearance, the only part that's lower then the crossmember is the trans, it's maybe 3/8" lower then the frame rails, I'm sure the exhaust will hang lower then that. The sway bar will be shimmed down also and it has plenty of clearance that way, I just didn't take pics of that lol

And out she comes

Pop! lol

KansaiDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote