Thread: RB FAQ
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 02:27 PM   #637
GSXRJJordan
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
GSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfectionGSXRJJordan is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to GSXRJJordan
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallpre1 View Post
When it comes to oil coolers...

I just want to know where the oil thermostat is located. I understand that to properly install an oil cooler, you should get a sandwich adapter plate WITH a thermostat to ensure that the car gets to operating temperature (which is difficult with an no-thermostat installed oil cooler). So question is this:

If I just buy a generic kit (from say Mishimoto) and the sandwich plate does NOT have a thermostat, can I just directly bolt it to where the oil filter bolts into? Or is it imperative that I bolt the Mishimoto sandwich plate directly to the block (and therefore is NOT a proper install, as I would not have a thermostat)?

Thanks,
Jeremy
You can always add an inline oil thermostat (I use Permacool and Earl's units), and any decent kit will let you plumb it in with new lines. The problem is that with aircraft lines and fittings, adding 4 fittings and 4 hose ends is pricey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240sxwanted View Post
do r34 rb25det turbos have a steel wheel? i just blew my ceramic turbo right after i installed a boost controller, which it only boosted up to 7.5 psi. Need some input from people. Find a cheap rb25 turbo, or go with the r34 rb25 one, which some people say that it does and some say that it doesn't have a steel wheel. Also will it hold more boost?
The R34 Neo RB turbos do stand up a little better, but they're generally not worth the price premium. You shouldn't have had any problems at 8psi, I say if you want to stay stock get another S1 turbo, if you want to go bigger get a T3/T4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio180sx View Post
i have a rb25 s2 and a rb25 tranny in my coupe with the HUD if u use a z32 speed sensor for my mph and tach does it matter if its N/A or TT???

Thanks
I believe Z32 NA and TT use the same VSS, but I don't know for certain that it's the right signal for your HUD.

Jordan Innovations has a new web site!
www.JordanInnovations.com -- All your favorite FD Pro Drifters love it, trust me -- www.JordanInnovations.com
GSXRJJordan is offline   Reply With Quote