View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 11:27 AM   #45
xharobikeslifex
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (5)
xharobikeslifex is an unknown quantity at this point
Yesturday Derek and I knocked out a few things I had to put on my engine.
RAS Installation

First thing was tackling the HKS RAS. In this pic Derek is figuring out which RAS goes on which side. If i'm not mistaken they only go on one way, so don't get worried if you might of installed them incorrectly.

Now begin to loosen the cam bolts in alternating order.

Refer to your fsm for the procedure.

Once you have loosen and removed the bolts Install the RAS as shown

This pic was suppose to be the 2x washers we added on the two bolts on the intake side, so the oil squirters would be level, but I failed in showing which two bolts it was.

In Order to get to one camshaft bracket bolt we had to remove the bracket that was above the timing chain.

Now torque down the camshaft bolts by refering to the fsm

HKS RAS Installed and torqued down. Note on the exhaust side the baffle plate is deleted.
Valve Cover Installation.

Put on both new valve cover gasket and spark plug well gasket.

Make sure you scrape off all of your old gasket with a razor blade and clean off any debris or oil by using a towel with brake parts cleaner sprayed onto it.

With a Wave of the hand the valve cover should magically appear onto the head. Don't forget to use the grey type of gasket sealer on the "half moons" there should be two in the front and two in the rear. Refer to the FSM for torquing the valve cover down correctly.

Derek installing the NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs with a heat range of 7 don't forget to anti-seize them before you tighten them.

Use the sealer tape and thread it around the threads and get a 19mm wrench and tighten it snugly to the valve cover.

"This is fo my homies" (Derek Fint.)

I got rid of my oem CAS cover and purchased a circuit sports CAS cover powder coated Candy Blue.

Added a Nismo Oil cap and removed the bolts to the coil packs.

Circuit Sports Grounding Plate was then Installed.

Anodized Red Injector caps Installed. Even though now I plan to buy a HKS Fuel rail.

And finally the 2x brackets installed on the front of the Valve Cover, and a new oil dump tube was put on as well.

I'm effy on the CAS cover I'm thinking about wrapping it in gold film like Dereck did on his "whip" But overall I don't find it looking that bad. Ahhh I Cant wait to get and install my turbo setup!

Last edited by xharobikeslifex; 09-19-2013 at 10:20 PM..
xharobikeslifex is offline   Reply With Quote