View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 10:58 AM   #242
fishboi

Trader Rating: (0)
fishboi is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by S13 curtis View Post
Like the tuner straight up told me, "you can pop the hood of my car and tell just by looking that there was alot of money put into it, but that means nothing if parts wern't installed correctly,I don't want to have anything to do with this car because it wasnt put togeather right, A Real friend woundnt half ass it, You can tell he didnt give a fuck because it wasnt his car."

I 100% agree with him on that.
How long have you known this friend? Personally, I would have a hard time trusting "TRUSTED" shops when it comes to engines.

Quote:
codyace;3644511]
I wouldn't EVER use loctite on the main bolts that hold the cam gears to the cams...hell they are darn near 100ft lbs of torque as it is...
Yea you are right. If torqued to the right ft lbs with a torque wrench that isn't cheap, nothing should be backing out.

Man just hearing this...makes me feel like strangling someone and im not even YOU. This is one reason why I don't build my sr. Just bought a avc-r turned up the boost to 1 bar(s14t28). Installed a SAFC, tune and done. Making 235whp. Plenty to get side ways. I rather have a motor that lasts long and is easy to repair then expansive stuff that can blow and all your money going to waste.
fishboi is offline   Reply With Quote