View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 01:38 AM   #416
Lovely Idol Inc.
Banned from the Marketplace

Trader Rating: (1)
Lovely Idol Inc. is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Lovely Idol Inc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theboy View Post
ok, you keep telling yourself they wear down before the tire will. I only made this mistake and went through tires and fenders. Because it does 1 of 2 things. Either tire sits there rubs on everything in the fender (rivets panel ect.) and destroys the side wall, or the tire catches the rivets and rips them and the panel off the nice fiberglass fender. Luckily mine did both and i ended up buying new ones and letting the tires burn a knotch in the fiberglass for clearance.

your fiber glass idea is good as long as the patch is big enough that tire cant find an edge to grab and break the bond. easiest fix is a bigger patch and rivets in a different area. And rivets=metal (shity metal) metal eats rubber
If your sidewalls are hitting the rivets, you are going to break the fenders. Period.

In which case makes you a dumbass for thinking it would be fine and you need to be running more camber, bigger fenders, or shorter tires.

If you knowingly let it break your fenders......I mean lets face it, you fucked up

What sizes did you pick up for the new wheels?
Lovely Idol Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote