View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 04:11 PM   #198
blkmrkt
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (8)
blkmrkt is an unknown quantity at this point
wow i am having this same issues as well. Pretty much i drifted an event put my car on the trailer went home and unloaded it. Parked my car in the garage and went to Japan for 3 weeks. Came home and went to go redyno tune my car before irwindale. So the night before i was supposed to get the tuned, i went to go start my car for the first time since i had been back. The car would not start for the longest time, finally got it to start and it would not free rev over 4k. Changed the plugs(NGK iridium 7's) and fuel filter since im running race gas and that helped the car to start up right away and free rev to 8k. So i was assuming my car was legit and took it to intec racing for another tune. First run on the dyno and it starts cutting out, so we change out all the coil packs. That helped a little and made the car still cut out around 5-5500 but not as bad as before the new coils. So we try another new set of plugs and gap them to .022, check all the plugs again and made sure the ground on the coilpacks is good. We then tried the ignitor and still was cutting out. Although we did notice that as the car was turned off and new parts were being put on, the car would fire right up(cooled down) on the dyno and the first pull it would not cut out. But by the 3rd run or so on it would start cutting out again around 5-5500 still as the engine got warm. We call it a night and assume we'll figure it out the next day. So I was thinking why did the car run perfectly at the drift event and now it runs like shit? All it did was sit for 3 weeks while i was in japan. I decide that maybe the race gas went bad or something so we drain my fuel tank and put in 114 octane. Also we made way more beast grounds and made sure everything was sanded down paint wise for the grounds. First dyno pull with new gas and better grounds it doesnt cut, second run no cut either, 3rd run slight cut(not as bad as day before though), 4th run cuts, 5th run doesnt cut. So now it's really odd beacuse it does not seem so much of a heat issue anymore, lawrence the tuner dropped 1 degree of timing somewhere (not sure at what rpm) but by lowering the timing by 1 degree we lost almost 100hp. So right now i really don't know what the hells going on, i pulled my wiring harness and am going to go over all the ignition wires and grounds. Although i've never once had an issue with this harness. The only thing else for me to change is the crank angle sensor. Also during all these dyno pulls my ignitor chip was not grounded. Not sure if it's supposed to be grounded but i've never had issues with it not. I dont think it's fuel because i had a good AFR all the way through the pull 11.5 and when the car would cut out AFR would go rich. I have a s14 sr as well with a power fc d jetro.