View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 11:45 AM   #81
ETHANOLED SR
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (33)
ETHANOLED SR is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post
did you use a s14 oil pick up or modify your stock one?
I also suggest you get some type of Ign amp system and use AEM ems
or Motec for engine tuning.
sr is a superior over ka in all aspect in technology just smaller in displacement.
I would pick a KA build over SR due to lower cost then SR for the same amount of HP,
but I still love the high rev SR more.
Cheers
If I recall right, I think my builder used the better oil pick up. I'll have to ask him.
I was planning on running a good ignition system soon, as for the engine tuning Power FC map based is what I have for now. We'll see how it does. Koji from Driftspeed will be tuning the motor and as far as I know he's the man for the job.
Hell yeah, SR over KA all day here too. I can set the rev past 9k on this motor, but I think 8.5k or even 8k might just be plenty, we'll have to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgJoY View Post
Ahhhh!

I was hoping I would get another update before I finished the page!

This is an amazing build, hope everything turns out for the best!
Thanks man! I haven't had any time lately to get any work done! Weather's been nice and cold too but just no time. I should have the brake calipers painted to match the engine bay pretty soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxsx25 View Post
I think this might be one of my favorite engine bays... so clean! Keep us posted
I did aim very high on the engine bay setup. I figured do it right once and for all. The rest of the car will be done right soon after the cage work, race harness, and a full paint job. Bigger rims are in plan as well!
ETHANOLED SR is offline   Reply With Quote