View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 01:05 AM   #79
C-unit
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (7)
C-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to allC-unit is a name known to all
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspecusa View Post
I agree with you it's a retarded build.
My 400hp R32 GTR feels slow already, I don't know
how slow a N/A 300hp would be.
Replacing the stock GTR aluminum hood with carbon is not
weight saving at all, and it's actually a downgrade to
go from GTR front end to a GTS front end, you should know
the GTS side markers are so much narrow then the GTR amber.

- metal rear widefender then why would you replace the fronts with fiberglass ones?

as for the track the VQ is not really a good choice of motor,
if you have gone to the back of Nissan dealerships you'll see the
pile of VQ motor they swap out for warranty issues.

If I was going to spend the money you are to build a track car, I would've
use the connection you have a get a R35 front clip.
VQ tranny with beefier internals and a R34 GTR rear end.
The R32 chasis even with everything stripped it's still heavy, like
the ATTK R32 it would need about 600 to 700hp to be consider fast.

Anyway, I'm just giving my 2 cent about how this build will be a disappointment
at the track consider a S13/S14 with 350hp SR will pass you by with less money spent.
Thanks for the comment/opinion as I love constructive criticism.

And yes..you are not the first guy who said I am an idiot..lol but here is my inspiration:

To me..even a stock GTR has tremendous of turbo lag which I really hate. A VQ35 will have a much smoother powerband compare to the RB26. And with the RWD VQ35HR set up, I saved about 300Ibs compare to the AWD RB26 which I think will help the performance quite abit. Beside the performance aspect, the VQ will outlast the RB because of the harmonic balancing and oil pump issue.

The CF hood actually weight alittle bit less than the GTR hood, around 2Ib, plus I want the vent for extra cooling. Fender wise, it does wight more than the GTR aluminum one but I like the look with the side vent. side marker wise..i m not too worry, i have both set at home.

Regarding the VQ being a shit motor. Yes and No. The DE is a pos with weak internals, relatively bad head design. However the newr HR and VHR motor are completely different design. The HR and VHR share the same design as the VR38 w/o the plasma coating. The HR block even haves the oil drain/feed tap on the block. The HR/VHR tranny is also different than the old DE tranny, regardless, I am waiting for OS-giken to come out with their short ratio gear kit. There are lots of mis-info about VQ being a complete junk motor. Yes, the old ones are garbage. But the new HR/VHR are what the VR38 based on.

I thought about the R35 engine but back when i was collecting parts, they are still over 8g for just the engine + turbo. That is way over what I've spend on my set up.

I am not here to build a fast car, I am here to build a balance car with enough power. (to me anyways). Driving pleasure > actual speed in my opinion.

oh and trust me...I didn't spend as much as you guy's thought I did...
C-unit is offline   Reply With Quote