View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 06:16 AM   #104
Corbic
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (8)
Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic Corbic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
Jun Auto use to race SR R32's just a FYI.

SR into a R32 I popular overseas. N/a an turbo rb20 cars are cheap, common, and sir are SR motors. Overall the SR is superior to
thr RB20, being lighter with larger aftermarket, so it would make since to drop some weight and up the power on a lowly skyline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrflip69 View Post
^ God, seems every post from that Corbic guy has to deal with putting an LS1 in a car.

There's plenty of T/TT/Supercharged VQ setups out there making nice fat power bands, compared to turbo I4 setups.

Is it your wet dream to have the LS1 as the only engine available to man?

Lack reading comprehension?

I'm well aware a VQ can make power, there are ones pushing 1,200whp. The problem is cost and packaging. There is NO ROOM in a 350/70Z engine bay.

People swap VQs into S13s more and more because a NA DE is putting down more power the a maxed t25 (~245whp) and is not adding any substantial weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-unit View Post
OHV isn't really my thing, so LSX is out of the questions. It's just personal preferences, nothing related to performance.

No doubt, great pick on the HR motor, they are beast, I hear the HRZs are actually quicker then the 370Zs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walperstyle View Post
I'd rather have a LS1 myself. The only reasons is its cheaper to make more power.

I know many of you guys take the back seat out, and remove the sound deadening and think your stock SR is the fastest car in the universe. Its not.

Its not hate, its just being realistic. Corbic is not wrong or right.
Exactly. Personal hindsight, I should have swapped a LS into my 350Z, and then swapped my VQ into my 240.... it would be almost a "buy one swap, get one free" deal.

But no, I now have a 220whp wonder of a 240 and boring 350Z.
Corbic is offline   Reply With Quote