View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 10:52 AM   #21
Brian
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (54)
Brian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfectionBrian is close to perfection
Yes, there was another skateboarding thread... maybe even a couple of them.

I skated for years but never got good for some reason. I mainly enjoyed jumping over little gaps or whatnot. Loved frontside boardslides on flatbars too.

Used to skate the El Dorado park somewhat often (The Huntington park too). Skated all around the streets back then. Quit at 18 after my car accident.

My last board was a Jerry Hsu enjoi which I got when I was 18. blank wheels, Indy truck, don't know what bearings.
My first board was the Girl Koston deck that looked like a radio. After that got a Guy mariano girl deck.

Mostly liked Toy Machine and Flip.
I don't have a single skate video on DVD, they are all VHS. My oldest one I know of is 411 issue 25. My newest one is... Baker2G probably. Love Welcome to Hell and Jump Off A Building. I have the orignal landspeed copy of the CKY video. I just found out that this version is apparently rare.

Lately I've been watching the videos on THE BERRICS. pretty cool stuff. I'm amazed how good and consistant the guys are. I remember skating with Adrian Lopez (of Zero) way back in the day at the Huntington park and he couldn't land anything at all. I wondered how long it took him to film his part in the video. lol.

Skated with Brian Sumner one time at El Dorado. That dude was GOOD. flowed through the whole park hitting everything along the way.