View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 09:53 PM   #15
bb4_96
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (4)
bb4_96 is an unknown quantity at this point
I like the idea of social reform. US consumers have the GDP in their palms of their damn hands if they realized the power of their dollars. If a group of americans could be swayed to curb their spending in order to negotiate better wages that would help move the capital back into the working sector.

Example: Take the refreshment industry for instance. If x amount of people decided to boycott coke/pepsi etc in an effort to negotiate a boost in wages for blue collar workers for coke would coke cave? Look at how much they spend on advertising? Where do advertising dollars go? The idea here is to start by slowing the flow of income to the wealthiest and eventually balace the economy and restart growth on a resonable pace.

The big corporation's money comes from the consumer not the other way around. The consumer has the power if they'd wake up and realize it.

From that point on it comes down to careful regulation. It's american nature to overborrow, it's been proven time after time. That can't be allowed to happen. Lenders are as much to blame as borrowers. With better regulation of lending practices the debt to icome ratio wouldn't be so detrimental.

Education is critical. I'm convinced that if you tell a people they'll die if they jump off a cliff for the most part they aren't going to do it. People were being told that they would be able to pull these balloon mortgages off. They don't teach balloon mortgages in high school economics. IMO they don't even teach english anymore but that's another issue. The american needs to be educated plai nand simple. I believe many american's honestly did believe the balloon interest rates were a good idea. Who was there to tell them otherwise? Moderation also needs to be taught. It's been totally lost on this country as of late.

three social reforms to remedy the issues at hand.
-Pay the workers or else
-regulate the stupid(because nobody will be ignorant after...)
-educate everyone(no more ignorance/easy prey)
bb4_96 is offline   Reply With Quote