Thread: BP oil spill
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 03:10 PM   #98
hellion240sx
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (0)
hellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enoughhellion240sx will become famous soon enough
So november... I am from New Orleans. I for one want to say I don't hold BP soley responsible for the oil spill. It was known that ppl were paid off to look the other way. I hold Bp responsible for the lack of action on the clean up. We, as consumers, are at fault too. If you use oil, you pretty much are supporting them. You figure it happened to BP, now if it would have happned to cheveron or shell we would see them as a bad guy. My whole thing is we are still dependant on oil. We aren't doing enough to stop the raping of earth. When I saw the movie Avatar, it was like watching a documentary I guess you can say. But thats another whole thread in itself. But they went in wanted to get what they wanted F$#k everything else. It's pretty much how the world is run. Forests are being cut down, land is being taken over, lakes and rivers polluted. It's like we aren't doing enough to help the planet out.
Now BP is paying small claims to everyone who was affected by the oil spill. Out of the four jobs I have, THREE were affected. I work at two seafood restaurants and the insurance business. All three are affected. Now they are helping out stimulating the economy with the small claims. It helps out a lot. I presonally am down about 20 grand from last year. I have the paper work to prove it. The claims process is rediculous! they have a twenty BILLION fund just for that and as of nov 6th the have spent 1.746,xxx,xxx.xx billion dollars according to the gulfcoastclaimsfacility.com site. Now The immediate response to this is phew this is going to help out right now... But I'm thinking what about the next few years? How is the seafood industry going to look like? Will all the shrimp, oysters, fish, etc going to be repopulated within the next few years? Thats the real problem. Not only that What about the ecosystem? There is no telling how many species were killed off with this oil spill. But we are still here. I'm just on the fence to say which was worse Katrina or BP... Time will tell. I am leaning more towards Katrina though.

BTW, The coffe spill parody was HILARIOUS!