Thread: *YEN* Shock
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #71
racer98
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (128)
racer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant futureracer98 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to racer98 Send a message via MSN to racer98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigalow311 View Post
I hope this gets better for the summer. My JP friend and I are planning on a visit next May or so..
Doubt it, unless the tap dancer flap jack that starts with an "O" does something, doubt it. At this point I have more faith in Mexico's economy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno750 View Post
Suddenly those 3million yen a year teaching english in Japan jobs don't seem that bad anymore.
and add 39% to that and would make a good dent in an IRA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slideways2004 View Post
ok I'm having a brain fart, someone help me understand.

If the Japanese Yen is dropping in relation to the American Dollar, isn't that good for the Japanese economy because it's worth more? Obviously for Americans that isn't good news
Nope, you have *hina that is on a biblical Japanese bond buying binge spree, Japan cant do much about it, if they say anything - *hina throws a hissy fit like a kid when they dont get their toy's.

For importers its ok but that is a small percentage for Japans consumer market, they are an export driven economy and high yen cuts Japanese companies ability to export at a competitive rate.

For some some in ______________ land they think this is great when japan has been buying our debt for the past 20 years, and when the cluster F of the refi and housing market went under - that caused interest rates to drop, causing the US treasury's interest rate to lowered, thus making the US dollar weak and inflating the yen on that scale, but now it gets more complicated

1) pension funds / hedge funds look for something that will yield = stability = yen, so they buy a contact on the market for a certain point of time

2) China = sees Japanese bonds as safe bet but they also have the ability to strong arm them now that they are nearly controlling them on that financial scale.

3) Dont think for a second the past 8 years of bad credit debts and housing foreclosures was swept up and delt with, nope look at the EU and how this has nearly imploded European Central bank and others, this is just like a snowball effect but think of it as a black snowball of all of the negatives of the economy eventually its gong to get dropped on everyones foot.

just think of this - you have a lexus LF-A 200mph super car = example the US economy, take car of it and it will run like it is supposed to !

Now lets start using 87 fuel, not use the right parts, and skip service-s, now lets cut back even more and use the cheap low buck tires tires from pep-boys
= all a recipe for disaster......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by irritatedmax View Post
It's a double edge sword. They have more buying power, but at the same time, their products become more expensive. With the inflated currency, it is more expensive for countries to import Japanese goods.
It's bad economics left over from hotoyam's bullGhit , also take into account almost all other countries have a 30-40% import tarrif for items from japan + take into account that yen inflation on the past 2 years has gone up 39% + the 40% import tax from japan = example why a GTR costs about 175,000usd in norway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAS14 View Post
You have to understand that most of Japan's money is made form Exporting goods. And this weak dollar is an advatage to america as well. because now the US' exports increase.

Quote:
The reason why Japan's recovery rate is so slow is because they dont get to do what they want to. Japan is pretty much America's bitch. Japan should just start printing a shit ton of Yen to make their currency weaker to balance out at least themselves but there is no way the US would let them do that.
Not so, and won't happen as much as i'd lilke to see this happen as many as others do too................. once they do that china will throw a hissy fit.
japan should be more worried about the land ownership who's buying what property in japan, Now from those I have spoke with say that nearly 80% of golf courses are owned by Chinese multinational corps, I do believe that should be grounds enough for concern, let alone the malicious business/economic practices that China practices.

Quote:
Japan is in a really shitty position. They are always under the impression that America would protect them and take care of what is needed, but they are slowly starting to realize that the US would never put themselves at a disadvantage.
Might need to think this one over a bit.

Quote:
sucks...........
Yen/Nissan/Tokyo auto salon = its turned into freaking nopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by irritatedmax View Post
Ninja, you are missing who is playing games with the world economy. It is not America. It starts with "C" and ends with "hina".
Nailed that one right on the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAS14 View Post
HAHA.

Yes you're correct...... They are the ones that putting the strain on everyone.
yes it's a 5hit stain on everyone and we can not do squat about it.
racer98 is offline   Reply With Quote