View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 01:08 AM   #23
matts13vert
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (31)
matts13vert is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoukiMonsta View Post
this is very cool. it even involves a heat shield on the exhaust mani!!!!

good work!
Yup thats what I wanted stock manifold with the heat shield. Ultimate sleeper lol.

thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13 drifta View Post
I really like the manifold idea. Looks good.
Thanks, I'm happy you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_04K View Post
Wow! Nice job haha. By far the most OEM looking KA-T i've ever seen.
Would love to have this! But more pics of your vert please! Maybe some video??
Im happy with the result it truly does look OEM. I'll post more pics and future videos in this thread soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklips3 View Post
you notice a difference with the DIF solid aluminum steering bushing ??
Yea I noticed a difference with the solid there is no play when you turn the steering wheel side to side while you moving at a decent speed. I recommend it. the feedback from bumps is much greater but I dont mind the aggressive ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychos13 View Post
Nice set up...

But y stock looking?
I just wanted a low-key setup to fly under the cops radar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
if im not mistaken, i saw you car at the anaheim K1 Schassis car show/meet. correct?

yeah. there was a coupe there with KA-T, but he had aftermarket mani and piping. but they were all paint flat black, and from what he told me, cops let him pass being dumbfounded and stuff... cuz of his stock intake box an what-not, but i think yours looks much more stock than his, maybe clean up that intake piping and that zipties...other than that, it would def fool a newbie fan boy if you play your game hard. lol good shit though man.
Yea I was at the k1 meet I ended up taking the trophy for best wheel fitment home that day. I dont think I saw that coupe, I cant remember. Are their any pics of his bay? He got lucky lol I'm curious to find out if the cops will know its turbo or not. But I'm not about to go get pulled over on purpose just to find out lol
The zip ties are all gone now, only thing i need to do is clean up the intake piping or paint the couple black.
Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob22 View Post
same set up im going with.!
good stuff.!
Good luck man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyace View Post
I dig this...I get a kick out of the 'stock looking' engine bay...keeps the authorities guessing right!

Awesome on the factor manifold conversion. I will undoubtedly use a stock FWD sr manifold on my next turbo altima!
Hell yea hopefully they wont even think twice about the engine being modified. Sweet let us know when you do that I'd like to see how that comes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi View Post
Haha that was me.
Yeah, even with my half-wrapped Megan manifold and painted pipes he let me go.
This setup will fly under the radar no problem!
You got any pics of your set up? I'd like to see what Steezxit is talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEZxIT View Post
^^^yeah clean coupe bro.

yours and the OPs are pretty dope set-up, considering its mostly OE stuff and under the radar type...but you did have a front mount, OP still have the sidemount..still dope though. i like.
I considered front mount but still thought it was too noticeable so I went with side-mount route, I found an OEM duct for it so that made me lean towards the SMIC too haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by junn View Post
Nice work

But I don't see the hot pipe
Look closely under the cold pipe coming out of the SMIC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi View Post
Thanks!
Matt, I just noticed your radiator is painted! I was thinking about doing that to my Koyo. Super stealthy man! haha.
Yea just hit it with some Rustoleum flat black and your golden haha
matts13vert is offline   Reply With Quote