View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #1500
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuicidnS13 View Post
Cody,

Another side to the story is some of us work real and hard and long to enjoy building, driving, cruising and showing off a nicely put together machine. Not everyone is comfortable with wrecking years of sacrifice and hard work. I on the other hand am ok with tracking my vskf's, replacing body parts and painting every year or so. But this is all salary based. As you get older and the pay goes up things change. I remember my first sema build (13 years ago), I was 17 and throwing parties and flipping burgers to come up with the 30k needed to complete my turbo integra. At my salary level today that would be equal to a 100k build. Definately never tracked that car... Show queen only....
Certainly fair points; but to use age or income as an excuse for a show queen just doesn't sit well with my stomach. I too had a turbo car at that age, and while I didn't know nearly as much then, I still studied/read/looked into many things...I knew good from bad. I still wish I would have been able to track it more, but I jointed the military shortly after, and was playing with Sunny's in Kirkuk

It's just my opinion, I don't think less of people for that...hell some of my better friends have cars in the EXACT scenario as you (granted I bust on them too, but it's their deal. In fact I wish I could afford some of their things for my 'tracked' car...ironic, but true.

I just prefer to see stuff getting the balls kicked out of them...regardless of namebrand. Sure it's great guys like you and I can afford nice stuff and to track them, but if someone went out on Megan XXX or Rota XXX and still kept it nice, and still beat it up...I appreciate that too. At least Obeewann posts stuff of cars balls out on track...I like that.

I dunno, my 'thoughts' will never make sense, as I'm not the best at putting 'brain to paper' kinda deal.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote