View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
aaronlosey
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (2)
aaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enoughaaronlosey will become famous soon enough
Original post.

http://www.fabricatedmotorsports.com...8_KA_240sx.htm

----------

First of all, thanks again to Power Fab Automotive for letting us use their facilities for this test! They are a full service shop in the Houston, TX area that does fab, tuning, and pretty much everything. They work on imports and domestics.

Ok, now for the KA 240sx, this car is included because it was cool looking, and provided a great baseline to see what this dyno is reading like, and a great baseline to where we all started.... in a KA car. This car has a stock air box and after market exhaust. No turbo, nothing fancy, just big cool looking wheels and a tasteful exterior. This car runs in the same vein as our own Chris R’s Zenki S14, clean and simple. It looks great and doesn’t use any fiber glass, which is the bane of my existence nowadays. God I hate fixing, buying and painting FG. It looks rad until you go off track once, then you have to look at a broken crappy looking car. Basically this car can be driven to events, hit cones, drive to Cheddar’s after the event, and drive home. More than any of my cars can do. Tires probably last a lot longer on it too!

Have a dyno sheet : )

http://fabricatedmotorsports.com/ima...a_98_240sx.pdf

The dyno sheet looks about like you would expect. 145 whp and 156 wtq. Everything is fairly linear and stock looking, and the motor probably has 200K miles on it like every other 240 in the USA. But lets face it, this car isn’t about 4th gear burnouts, it is about being simple and enjoyable, while looking good. More S Chassis need to be built like this, but with a bit more power. A simple turbo thrown on here would make this car pretty much done, but then it wouldn’t be quite as simple.... a conundrum!

Weight was 2701 lbs, with a front weight distribution of 56.2 % up front, which was much higher than I expected. I’m not sure why it was so high, but the overall weight is right around the correct amount, if not a little lighter than expected.

Steering angle was 43.7 degrees, tied for the least amount of angle with a Subbie. All 240s need knuckles for 2011. I love driving knuckle cars, even KA ones. Everyone go get knuckles! God they are fun.

In conclusion, this simple car looks great, and is a nice reprieve from all the busted ass crap box 240s we see everywhere. KISS. I must also say not many people stay with simple color themes and pay attention to contrast. The body of the car is black, the wheels are white. Pretty simple. It even has stock seats and full interior. Looks very livable, and the car will probably bring far more enjoyment to the owner than a stripped out competition 240sx over the long haul.
aaronlosey is offline   Reply With Quote