View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 01:16 AM   #11
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by LimeLite Racing View Post
Seattle is bad ass, but have you checked out Portland? Beaverton, Hillsboro, Tigard are all suburbs. You'd be surprised how low the cost of living is. And very safe.
portland seemed really nice but i honestly didn't put too much effort into. i'll def give it a more detailed look and see when/if their police department is hiring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daftphunk View Post
I think the farther north from Seattle the better. When you go south it kinda sucks.

Renton is on the come up though. I'd try to shoot for the Renton highlands as mentioned. Newcastle is a very nice area but it's a bit more expensive. I wouldn't really go farther south than that. I've lived in and around Seattle.

The east side is nice too, Bellevue and kirkland, etc but the 520 bridge is a bitch during rush hour and they are going to toll it soon. I90 isn't that bad but I imagine with the toll it'll get crazy. The school districts there are nice.

U district area is pretty nice, but maybe not the best for kids unless you go to the Wallingford and green lake area. Seattle schools are decent if you pick them out right.
pretty much my wife and i have narrowed it down to bothell and renton. BUT it's kinda pointless to start house hunting now. it would exactly a year before we moved out there. in the mean time we will just be flying back and forth to check out house/job interviews. i'll keep you guys posted and would like to get up with some of you guys so you could show us around (i'll buy lunch/dinner lol)!
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote