View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 09:39 AM   #21
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphim38 View Post
Seattle PD is a monstrosity. There are a variety of good departments you can apply for outside of Seattle. Mountlake Terrace, Bothell, Issaquah, King County, Lynnwood, Monroe would be my first suggestions. Testing, interviews and such usually takes about a year to go all the way through, (speaking from experience). Most suggest testing in all the agencies and getting in wherever you can, serve a couple of years then go to where you want

Renton is a good choice if you want to learn what it's like to use your weapon in the line of duty, in your first few years of service, but once you've done a tour there you can lateral to anywhere.
thats a very good point. the reason i was drawn to seattle was it wouldn't have been a paycut. but i'll start looking into other areas and their police departments. i figured a year is about the average time so thats i wanted to start now (i have a bout a 1year 5 months) untill i'm eligble to leave my current job. lol @ the renton comment, i thought it was nice from the real estate i've seen...then again i'm originally from new jersey lol. i really appreciate your advice, after i get some car time in today i'm going to sit down and start looking at different police departments. the one thing that has been killing me is i messed around with drugs in highschool 03/04...but i graduated and have been in the usmc infantry ever since, most places don't care though so it's hit or miss finding a department that will take me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedm View Post
that's a bummer.
would living in a different state interfere with your job? Vancouver is just right across the bridge
the worst case scenario is driving 3 hours to seattle for events, which isnt bad at all. I used to commute up there weekly just to hang out.
well i don't have a job lined up yet. i'm leaving my current gig in a a little over a year and would really really like to move to seattle area. i'm open to all areas, it just depends on whether or not their police department will take me/has openings.
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote