View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 12:40 PM   #23
LimeLite Racing
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (24)
LimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfectionLimeLite Racing is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
thats a very good point. the reason i was drawn to seattle was it wouldn't have been a paycut. but i'll start looking into other areas and their police departments. i figured a year is about the average time so thats i wanted to start now (i have a bout a 1year 5 months) untill i'm eligble to leave my current job. lol @ the renton comment, i thought it was nice from the real estate i've seen...then again i'm originally from new jersey lol. i really appreciate your advice, after i get some car time in today i'm going to sit down and start looking at different police departments. the one thing that has been killing me is i messed around with drugs in highschool 03/04...but i graduated and have been in the usmc infantry ever since, most places don't care though so it's hit or miss finding a department that will take me.

well i don't have a job lined up yet. i'm leaving my current gig in a a little over a year and would really really like to move to seattle area. i'm open to all areas, it just depends on whether or not their police department will take me/has openings.

Every police department has restrictions on drugs. As long as you haven't smoked weed more than 1 or 2 times in your life you're good. Don't mention anything otherwise. I was a Phoenix PD applicant back in the day when I wanted to be a cop. After making it through everything and on my way to the academy I was held back due to my stretched earlobes. I got plastic surgery on them, but was pretty burnt out on going into the PD at that point anyways. Long story short, I watched lots of ex military guys get the boot out the front door for their drug history. This can be as minor as smoking weed more than twice, taking any hard narcotics ever, etc.