Thread: SinisterSntra91
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
filluptieu
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (13)
filluptieu is an unknown quantity at this point
SinisterSntra91

So I purchase his jdm s14 power folding mirrors from him and paid for the two items plus a driver side window motor.

This was the thread http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/36221...4-s15-z33.html

*as a side note, this was false advertisement because they were not actually converted to LHD considering the fact that the base of the side mirrors were still JDM which means if you installed these onto a LHD vehicle, you could the mirror due to the positioning angle.

I receive all the items as promised even though response to pms from me were slow and incomplete.

The window motor worked just fine. The side mirrors on the other hand... not so great. So to make a long story short, I looked up a thread on NICO for the instructions

This is the thread http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/130592...g-mirrors.html

I followed the simple instructions and swapped out the base. Since the motor was taken out of the jdm base I also decided to switch the cover also to just match my vehicle. After taking my time and soldering the three wires that controls the mirrors position I decided to give it a try. Note here I did not take the motor apart in any shape way or fashion; I simply did what was need to properly use the side mirrors.

I wired up the switch; All of the mirror positioning controls worked fine. Now I attempt the folding portion and here is the video.

YouTube - JDM power folding mirror driver side problem

YouTube - Jdm s14 power folding mirrors

As you can notice the passenger side works perfectly fine with no hesitation. Now as for the driver side; The motor randomly stops working. If you pay attention closely, I have to re engage the switch after the motor stops to even allow it to have any sort of motion.

So I decide to PM SinisterSntra91 back and this is a log of our messages.

Originally Posted by filluptieu
Hey bro its phillip, i bought the power folding mirrors from you and i just hooked it all up and did you test these before you sent them to me? it seems like the US driver side mirror motor is kind of strange. it will pause and stop itself. pelase get bvack to me i have a video to show you.

I never used them, I told you that, but lets see if we can figure out what the problem is. Send me this video so I can see if I understand. okay well I just looked back at the messages and you never mentioned not ever using the folding mirrors. you did in fact mention that the window motor works and it does beautifully

here are the videos of both mirrors

YouTube - JDM power folding mirror driver side problem

YouTube - Jdm s14 power folding mirrors It also might help if you stop clicking the button back and forth while the mirror is folding. i only click it when it stops. i took it back out to see if maybe its falling off the track Well since you took it apart, I cant really help you out. I thought it was you that I told that I never used them, evidently it was someone else, as I got alot of inquiries about them. Other then telling you to make sure your wiring is right and your grounds are good, (bad grounds can cause electrical gremlins as shown in the video) thats all I can help you with.

WTF you have to replace the base to the US or you cannot see out of it. i didnt even open the motor i just replaced it. and i know your not a store but what about honest dealing? would you be satisfied if you were in my position? ask you self that please.

I would be satisfied because I realize the risk I take when I disassemble things. Once I take something apart whatever the outcome is, its on me. The real world realizes this too which is why they put "warranty void if removed or tampered" on things. We can put this on the forum and have an open debate if you would like. Your negligence to check them before you took them apart is not my problem. ANY store or retailer would tell you the exact same thing. This is not a question of "honest dealing" the question is what happened when you took them apart. Once they were apart liability is on you.

I will post a video tomorrow of the motor out of the housing with NO load or restrictions and you can see for your self the motor is weak and not in proper working order. He is accusing me of damaging the item but I simply did what he DID NOT do but falsely claimed to have done.

I know i might not get a refund because of his the way he just simply responses to my messages but at least I can help someone else out.

His paypal is

[email protected]
and his name is Brennan Becker

Last edited by filluptieu; 02-02-2011 at 08:39 AM..
Sponsored Links