View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 05:40 PM   #44
gearhead55
Zilvia FREAK!

Trader Rating: (4)
gearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of lightgearhead55 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC S14 View Post
You are all idiots if you think palin, obama, or any politician has anything to do with whats going on. Left, right, white, black, armed or not it doesn't matter. Because you've bought into the game, you've lost.
Very cynical. You're right that the president probably has very little say in how the country actually operates, but i think it IS important who is seen as the head of the state. People automatically personify almost everything we encounter, so people naturally look for a single personality to define countries or political parties. Hell we even give names to hurricanes...

Also, while we may have little control over how the state controls us, the mindset that the people are in does effect our day to day lives. If you neighbor thinks he is a "conservative" and thinks you are a "liberal", he will treat you differently than if he thinks you're conservative. For that reason the people that represent each political mindset are important to all of us.

I think paying attention to the game is necessary, but i think you're kind of right, if you believe everything you see/read hook-line-and-sinker then you are a sucker. Reading about history really puts everything into perspective.

In the longer post you posted after the one i quoted, i think you are partially right. People lose sight of their immediate surroundings and situations. That is the most important aspect of all of our lives, but i believe that being aware of the larger picture is important as well.
gearhead55 is offline   Reply With Quote