Old 02-20-2011, 11:05 PM   #73
'97 S14 SE Turbo
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (1)
'97 S14 SE Turbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to '97 S14 SE Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
i mean it's w/e. it sucks but these aren't exactly house dogs we are talking about. it's in the same boat as chickens, cows, pigs, lambs, etc. in America. they are born and raised with the sole purpose to be slaughtered for food. is it fucked up they skin them alive, yeah...but at the same time...i HIGHLY doubt the factory is working a boner because he gets off on the shit.
Actually, some of them are house dogs. Yes, as in somebody's pet that somehow got lost from their owners, ran away, and get rounded up and sold as livestock like that.

There been plenty of stories like this. I lived in China from 2005 to 2009, and seen plenty. There was a famous incident where a wealthy owner lost his expensive ~$40k USD pure bred dog, and found what's left of it in a market. He even got into an argument with the dog meat seller, and couldn't prove anything until he remembered that he had injected an RFID chip into his pet, and was finally able to convince the local police to arrest the dog meat seller for theft of personal property.

So, while I was there, me and my wife were always vigilant in keeping track of where our toy poodle ran off to. Just about every other day, you hear of "lost pet" stories from distraught owners...