View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 10:15 PM   #51
95KA-Turbo
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (19)
95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of95KA-Turbo has much to be proud of
I thought I'd give this a little bit of an update. I recently took my shocks up to Fortune to get them rebuilt for some Swift springs. I went from a 9k/7k set up to a 10k/9k set up. I haven't been able to drive on them yet, I just got them on the car tonight and its raining until Saturday.

As you can see the front swift springs are 1" shorter then my old ones:

The car on the ground:

If you were running anything other then OEM aero this height just wouldn't be possible. I can't even get my finger under the lowest parts of the side skirt:

As you can see the front fender (which has been flared and therefore the edge of it is up higher then a stock fender) is ~22.5" off the ground. The Fender is resting right on the tire at this point.

A side shot:

If you had a stock fender beam the tire would be resting on it for sure. I have about 1-1.5" of clearance and I have shortened mine by ~2".

Here's my shock dyno, it got a little damaged in shipping, but you can clearly see the digressive compression curve on the top part of the dyno - this is something no other coilovers have in this price range.

Terry at Fortune made a video of the rebuild process, and outlined what they do and why its so special:

I will be sure to update the thread with my thoughts on the springs/rebuild after I drive on them.

Instagram - SJKnoop

Last edited by 95KA-Turbo; 02-25-2011 at 08:49 AM..
95KA-Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote