View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
well....u got me on the solo vs. tandem thing. for some reason i didnt catch that. guess i was mesmerized by the angle lol

but for tandeming, all ur talking abt is the chase car. the lead car is still supposed to drive faster and out angle the chase car.

not to mention ive been to a formula d event, and even in the qualifying runs the drivers got no where near as much angle as these s13 drivers did. not to mention american drift cars probably arent even equipped with the right kind of mods/equipment to sustain a drift of that angle.

the most angle ive ever seen in a formula D race was 2010 irwindale (the one i went to) in the semi final round with JR versus Aasbo. Aasbo was gettin mad angle both runs. the crowd went wild. yet for some reason the judges still voted JR. to be the winner? the crowd was pissed. booing for like 2 mins straight.

american drifters dont go for angle because they know thats not the main thing the judges look for here. they mainly look for entrance speed, and speed maintained while drifting. those are the key factors to winning in FD USA.

in japan, the judges mainly look for angle, so the drivers give more angle.

of course all judges still take into account all the point systems, but each country has their thing that stands out the most.

and be aware, in no way am i saying japanese drifters are more SKILLED than american drifters (though they probably are) just because they can get more angle. im simply comparing the styles of drifting. and last time i checked, Drifting = angle driving....NASCAR = speed driving. check the countries of origin for them, and you'll understand why things are the way they are. FD USA is just nascar with a japanese touch to it.

still entertaining to watch however, since its really the main/only broadcasted drifting show in USA.
/end rant