One_love_silvia
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (38)
One_love_silvia is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbanite714 View Post
lol i was talking about english soccer fool
football=soccer.
i know that. i was just using american football as an example of a sport that originates in a certain country, and is played in another country but with diff rules/style.

@urban they may not make a ton of money drifting, but they still make pretty good money for doing something as fun as drifting. not to mention they do it for the fame. listen to JR talk. hes a total sell out. he cant say a single god damn sentence without saying "ford mustang", "monster energy drink", or "falken tires".

ya i get drifting costs alot of money, and its hard to do it professionally without sponsors, but you can still have sponsors and retain ur own style. dont give in so easily. sponsors are there for a reason. they want to be known. if people didnt give into sponsorship demands so easily, the sponsors wouldnt have any choice but to give the drivers more choice in what they drive.

im sure i sound really ignorant, but it would take a lot of cooperation from everyone in the drift scene. just like the drivers need sponsors, sponsors need drivers.

as for not being rich dudes, ive read about a lot of the drivers in FD, and quite a few of them are rich as fuck. Dmac for example (pretty sure thats who it is) owns like 7 freaking cars.

as for rally cars "drifting" long before the japs, thats a whole different story. its a shit ton easier to get sideways in dirt because theres hardly any traction. drifting wouldnt be nearly as popular as it is, if it was easy to do. people like challenges. being successful at something difficult is much more rewarding than being good at something easy.

drifting in dirt is like riding out a wheelie on a bike. sure itll take time to learn how to do it, and do it right, but its not like its as hard as doing a backflip.