View Single Post
Old 03-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #60
Karlitos
Zilvia Addict

Trader Rating: (15)
Karlitos is an unknown quantity at this point
To the people saying there is no more 4 cyl engines, yo do realize jeff abbott drifted his miata, gushi a 4cyl tc, matt fields in an s13(now going v8) and theres rookies coming in w/ sr's such as chris licup and more. I know a guy that came back from japan last friday from the navy, right before the earthquake struck and he was telling me that v8 are being imported to japan. Thats right, like we buy sr's from the JDM market(redundant) they buy V8. And previous to this it was the crazy rb/jz making tons of power vs the little 4ag that had no chance of keeping up. Pro is just what anyone would do if you had the budget. When you go pro, your still paying for track days and stuff but you have sponsors to give you help, which you would take if placed in that situation. The reason drifting isnt popular in automotive communities is because its seen as a joke since it has no function behind it. If there was more people doing things right, wed have bigger name companies r&d stuff that we could actually make use of. But since everyone is stuck on crappy valving megans the market doesnt go anywhere. I think form follows function, and something that performs well will look cool.

oh and also pro guys do have fun by going out to events like asb where they take theyre "cool" cars and drive them, like jtp's fc before it got stolen. the reason thats not in FD is because its not competitive. A mustang leaving an fc behind, big deal. v8 rx7 drifting next to a mustang makes it more interesting.

Anyways this is way off topic and all that matters is that a good driver will become more competitive in the professional field because of better performing parts.