View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 06:55 PM   #27
GabeS14
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
GabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfectionGabeS14 is close to perfection
Hey I am doing a very similar S14 stroker build, on a slightly smaller budget but our end goals are pretty similar, and being your also using Bw turbo and full race manifold, I got exited and am following your thread!

I purchased a Brian Crower 2.3lt strokerkit,
JWT 275cams, retaining the vtc...

still very undecide if I go 90bore or 89bore on the pistons though, so I am holding off on that decision for a bit.....

most probable that I go with 89 in case I need a rebuild.
ordered sleeves, arp everything studs, with wpc coating on all the bearings and internals.
going BW efr 7670turbo twinscroll, and full race manifold.

ported and polished head.
goal is 600whp.

questions:I noticed you are using the sr tranny? do you really think it'll hold up to 500hp?
I would recommend doing the z32 tranny swap, you can do it pretty cheap. and will hold up to the hi hp numbers.

also yes, like others stated, if you use a VE head you can rev up to 9k and the head flows much better=more power.
hit me up if your interested, I believe you can aquire a ve motor for about $600-800 and buy the mazwork kit to make it work

looking forward to seeing how your motor behaves as yours will be done before mine is even machined lol..
good luck with everything and Ill be asking lots of questions.