View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 10:06 PM   #30
Om1kron
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (15)
Om1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfectionOm1kron is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touge_drifter View Post
I chose the 88mm pistons because anything bigger then 89mm and your to lose to the water jackets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeS14 View Post
didnt understand this part, can you explain? did you sleeve your motor? thought you did
Gabe, he's saying if you go any larger than 88mm on your pistons you will have to get rid of the water jackets in the block. I'm not too sure on the specifics of the sr20 block and the piston sizes, etc. But you're better off asking Luis or an engine builder about that stuff who's familiar with the SR20 platform.

Or Touge could re-iterate for you in detail.

Quote:
I started with a BW hybrid turbo, but after 4 cars had problems with them I chose something else. Im using a FP hybrid GT3076 twinscroll . I could have done the FP 3582 and gone for 600+ but the powerband was way too peaky.

Quote:
I am hoping for a better powerband with the new EFR turbos with the lighter wheel, and quicker spool, i really only need the 500hp but want 700+ capable,
Gabe, I think the one you're looking at buying is the same one I'm getting (actually I'm getting the 64 not the 70) there is a thread on the nissan road racing forums right now with someone who has one and we're all eagerly waiting to see if this is a better setup than the famed gt28 setup zilvia loves so much.

I'm just going to skip the t25 route and go right into the same territory as yourself without all of the stroker madness.

Quote:
I got the WPC treatment and then got the coatings on the dome/skirts. as for the the sr20 transmission, Im running OS Giken internals (gears and center shaft) I've had nothing but problems with a Z32 TT transmission when I had my 536whp '90Z.

Quote:
Damn I was always told the contrary lol, Ill look into the tomei kit do you mind telling how much it cost you?
If I read correctly in someones for sale thread the OS Geiken internals are like 3500 bucks, will also slightly change your gear ratios. However someone on zilvia is selling this exact upgrade for 2500 bucks.

http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/37409...set-socal.html

Quote:
as for the VE head.....Im good. I dont need 9K rpms, mine is great for from 3200-8500k. I didnt wanna deal with swapping everything over to that head and running all different stuff.
Yeah I am interested in trying out the VE head setup but so much money is required to fit it, it's almost not even worth the cost. It's just how much more money do I have hanging out of my ass.