View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 01:25 PM   #39
sidewaysil80
Nissanaholic!

Trader Rating: (23)
sidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to allsidewaysil80 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDT007 View Post
I agree with what you're saying in part. But no offense, keep yourself in VA and don't come to the NYC area. You have no idea the kind of stuff these cops do. I'm not saying they're all bad but there's a reason why you hear some of the stories that you hear. Most people from this area would back me up in this case. There was no threat and I understand the officer was trying to do his "job" but again these are people. Who under law have the right to freedom of speech as already stated here. He was not talking/nor threatening the office in any way. The officer felt he was losing respect/control of the situation. Not to mention, later in the video it looks like he's the commanding officer since he told the other guys to handcuff him. Looks like he did not want to look bad in front of the rookie cops to me. As you stated, everyone has their opinion. I do not like/nor dislike cops. To me, they are like any other profession. I respect those individuals who respect me. Point blank! This officer obviously had something to prove. He asked for his ID not to just "check" but to write him a summons. He even told him that's what he planned on using it for. That is when the guy really started losing it.
i 100% respect your statement and explanation. and i can see your points just like you said you see mine. (fyi i grew up/lived in north jersey lol...i just live in va now)
sidewaysil80 is offline   Reply With Quote