View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #101
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsChassisLove View Post
We agree on something lol Waste of money.

I like getting my pistons 100% expanded before driving.

And if I warm it up for a 30-60 seconds my temps might see 30* C. Thats 80* F. Not even close to fully expanded. I never drive before 55* C/130* F. And it usually takes 10 minutes. My PFC warm up tune stops at 66* C. I've been meaning to change it to 55*.
Obviously I'm not against the warm up, but hte low RPM, high fuel ability of the low end warm up (to me) is counter productive (much like Zar has pointed out) as you're just burning fuel/blowing it into the oil.

I know with our trucks (again maybe different, but application is the same), hearing/seeing them idle is a terrible thing...it's just a way to keep the heat on or the AC col to me.

But to each their own; if it works for you, sweet. I know with me, I warm it up for 30-45 seconds in the morning, drive it normally, and go from there. It's not like track cars get 10 minute warm ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Zar! View Post
I beg to differ.
I agree. The bay you posted is awesome. Dead stock looking, OEM+

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote