View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 11:14 AM   #16
BustedS13
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (0)
BustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfectionBustedS13 is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to BustedS13
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewisfk View Post
RP was asked to comment during his last tea party debate about his son's remarks about over turning civil rights laws in the state of Kentucky. He said he stands by his sons remarks. If u like YouTube his interview with Rachel Meadow show, he is question about his views. The big one is his take on segregation.
i think you're talking about his take on desegregation, which i agree with.

Quote:
Paul wrote of his opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1964:
It "not only violated the Constitution and reduced individual liberty; it also failed to achieve its stated goals of promoting racial harmony and a color-blind society. Federal bureaucrats and judges cannot read minds to see if actions are motivated by racism. Therefore, the only way the federal government could ensure an employer was not violating the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was to ensure that the racial composition of a business's workforce matched the racial composition of a bureaucrat or judge's defined body of potential employees. Thus, bureaucrats began forcing employers to hire by racial quota. Racial quotas have not contributed to racial harmony or advanced the goal of a color-blind society. Instead, these quotas encouraged racial balkanization, and fostered racial strife."
if i'm reading this right, he's saying forced diversity is bullshit, and i completely agree.

sauce: Political positions of Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

from what i'm reading his son says similar things.