View Single Post
Old 05-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #1
Xise
Zilvia Member

Trader Rating: (2)
Xise is an unknown quantity at this point
power steering lines and fittings HELP!!

Ok so I was trying to remove all my PS lines on the rack and since my s13 is an 89 and in New england, all the lines and fittings were rusted to shit and crumbled as soon as my wrench touched them....so right now I am pricing out oem VS getting some baller ass earl's lines and fittings...

It seems like I could just grab some lines from nappa or online for a few hundred bucks...the dealer is out of the question, they want over $400...FUCK THAT!

just to give you an idea of what my steering rack fittings look like...

So I was going to go with some earls PS hose ends and the PS hose, some m14 and m16 6AN fittings for the high pressure line...if I wanted to keep the pressure sensor I would need to also get 2 straight PS hose ends and an anotuff tee with a 6AN female and then an m16 female for the sensor....this would look awesome but probably cost a million dollars lol
any drawbacks to just getting rid of the pressure sensor??

every line on my PS rack is broken and since I the SOHC motor the banjo bolt on the PS pump doesn't detach via a 16mm port....could I just screw the 16m adapter into the top of the pump??

and also does anyone know the size of the lines and fittings for the 2 hard lines going from the rack to the pinion? the ones that look like brake lines? they seem to be M12 but the threads are really fine...I thought 1.25 but it did not thread into the sleeve at the hardware store so I am stumped...it isn't 1.5
or 1.75 either

I need to order stuff soon so any help would be awesome...I found almost all the sizes of the fittings...just unsure of the 2 hard lines and the low pressure line fitting...does anyone know for sure?
Xise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links