View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 01:13 AM   #13
S14Driftr91
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (26)
S14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to allS14Driftr91 is a name known to all
Thanks alot guys! I have high standards and expectations for this car but with parts being so expensive and the time to work on it can sometimes be difficult but, hey you gotta pay to play!

Continuing on with the photos to get up to my most recent phase..

While the underside of the chassis was mostly bare. I decided to take out all the fuel and brake lines out. I was going to replace them but surprisingly they were still in pretty good condition.

After I laid them out, I took a fine grit sandpaper and just cleaned them off. After they were cleaned I coated them in the POR.

Since most of the plastic clips that hold the brake & fuel lines in place had broke, I went ahead and order all new pieces from Nissan. While I was at it, I also ordered a new gasket for the diff cover, nuts and bolts to mount the subframe.

After the rear subframe was complete it was time to put it back in.

If your wondering why I never installed the diff or drive axles or maybe even why my brake calipers are ziptied to the subframe lol... Its because I'm not too sure if I'm completely satisfied with the outcome of the subframe so it may come out again. Plus the diff was getting a little makeover...

BAMMM !

Here's a better picture of the diff cover powder coated.

...At least with the subframe in i was able to make the car a roller and take her off the jack stands. With the help of friend, we pushed the car out of the garage and turned it around.

Rolled out with my brother's zenki undergoing a 5speed swap haha

Time to start working on the front end !

Here we are in the beginning stage of stripping down the front end.

So this is what is hiding behind my fenders...

I was hoping I would at least find some change in there. Unfortunately nothing

Carefully taking everything out

As were trying to take everything out we ran into some problems. Both the engine and headlight harness were being a pain in the a$$ so to make things easier I took the dashboard out to have easier excess for wiring. I also have a Viper alarm on the car that I no longer wanted since it was not operating correctly.

To snake the engine harness though I had to remove the blower on the end.

And the mess of wiring I have to deal with lol.

As I was sorting through the wires for the alarm I was really surprised. My friend who previously owned the car had purchased the Viper alarm from Bestbuy and had them install it... They did an awesome job.....

Their "quality" work is pathetic.

After the alarm issue and everything was out, we taped up any holes or lines and got ready to power wash the bay.