View Single Post
Old 05-29-2011, 08:10 PM   #20
Pstl_pete
Zilvia Junkie

Trader Rating: (4)
Pstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the roughPstl_pete is a jewel in the rough
Jordan - So thats your FD! I was eyeing it at the shop, it looks like its going to be an awesome car once its done.

azndoc - I dont want to do metal subframe spacers, Im trying to keep this car as civil as possible so I have kept the Energy Suspensions poly subframe inserts and will be using those. I have a set of Circuit Sports metal spacers that I may go with it I find theres still too much slop with the poly inserts.

Before I could get to working on the 240, I had to show some love to my Integra, which needed a set of new balljoints.

I decided to throw in some Buddyclub extended balljoints to help fix some of suspension geometry issues.

More so, I was hoping it would relieve some bind that Ive been experiencing with my clutch pack diff during low speed cornering and sure enough they helped out a ton! I wish buddyclub would make these for the 240.

Ok onto the 240. I decided that I would put the entire interior back together last night. Its always so easy taking it all apart when you dont need to remember which bolts and clips go where but putting it back together is always taxing, even when I labelled a lot of the clips. Im still missing a bunch.

The black painted rear seats match up with the black carpet pretty damn well IMO.

I then jumped into the engine bay for a split second to hook up the Sikky LS power steering lines that I've been meaning to install for a while.

ARP finally sent me my rear studs (Mazda Miata knurl size) for my Ichiba hubs. They've been on back order for 3 weeks. Of course there had to be an issue. They only set two packs (4 in each pack) meaning I could only install one side on the subframe.

I also installed re-maned rear brake calipers and new rotors (nothing fancy). Once I get the other studs in I can finally get the subframe back into the car. Its been WAY too long.

There's not much left I can do on the car until I get my engine. I've been trying to do a lot of little things here and there, like pounding out the trans tunnel.

I had to bang it in about a full inch. Im hoping it will clear and I wont have to hammer it in even more.

After a lot of thought, I decided I would wire up my own alarm system. With the dash out it would prove to be a piece of cake. I picked up a Viper 3303 system with some goodies from Broadfield. Thanks again for the hook up Toby!

Things were going well until I hit a snag with the power door locks. There's something very WEIRD going on with my door locks. If I try to lock the drivers side door, it resists and just unlocks, while the passenger side does the exact opposite and locks!!!

So that's where Im at, trying to trouble shoot these damn door locks. Its proving to be a headache and a half!