View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 01:17 AM   #335
spooled240
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (27)
spooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfectionspooled240 is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericcastro View Post
The ZOMG's of the past where almost all people that ran their cars at the track or were at the core meets every week for years.
So everyone knew each other already.

This last year, there was a ton of people that own 240's but dont actually do anything with em.
So theres no real sense of community, since these people arent acutally involved in the community yet.

Just cause a guy has a pair of Nikes on doesnt mean we are a community or have anything in common. Just cause you drive a 240 doesnt mean i have anything in common with you.

A lot of new guys dont have anything in common with the original members of the BBQ. The original BBQ was mainly people that sank a lot of time and money into 240's, despite how the car looked.

So go do a couple 626 Drift or grip events, actually join the 240sx community and introduce yourself to people at the event.
I personally know I trust people that I meet at the track a lot more then some guy that owns a rattle can paint job, $1500 car and cant afford to bring anything to share.

And if people feel they can trust you, then its a good basis for bringing you into their circle, and makes for a better meet all around.
I would love to have more people in the community and to make new friends.

Despite the negative, I think it was mainly positive, I am glad everyone came.
And I dont think it was as bad as people made it.
Little antisocial vibe everywhere, but not horrible, lol.
There will be more, but maybe a list or invite only.
At the size it is now, it actually needs a person running it all day and volonteers, and thats not what it is about.
And thats no fun for Teddy to do.

Maybe there needs to be a seperate Zilvia/Nico BBQ, where its not a pot luck?

And next time we are hiking the trail behind the carousel to the old abandonded zoo, to look for Zombies.
well this "circle" you speak of tends to make this social awkwardness even worse cuz these new guys probably feel singled out, you know how noobies are, they are shy and quiet. When I go to meets and I see people that are standing around staring at the ground I go up to them and say "waht's up man my name josh(spooled240) nice car what do you have in it?" and just talk and shoot the shit. A lot of people are shy but once you talk to them they open up, i know this cuz that's how i am lol

*the name tag idea sounds pretty fun/cool there's a lot of people I met but forgot to ask what their screen name on zilvia so idk who they are on here..maybe we should get some name tags or make some custom hats with our sn's on them then ill be like oh shit diss mufukka be flamin me on zilvia ahha
spooled240 is offline   Reply With Quote