View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #6338
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopplganger1 View Post
Im going to be taking my valve cover off to get it blasted and painted while it is off what should I use to cover the engine since the engine will still be inside the engine bay, its an sr by the way and i dont know anyone with a spare cover
Remember to double/triple/quadruple make sure all of media is out of that manifold...it sticks to every last part of oil you could think of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 til 3 View Post
Ok, i'm having some wiring issues with my alternator...does the white(to relay box), and the battery white go to the same prong... and then the small 8mm bolt is for a ground wire?
Off the top of my head that's correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlush View Post
Who has the best deal on Vertex/VS "style" kits?
Check ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxzorz View Post
Got a new starter installed and now my motor stalls out after a few seconds. Friend suspects two possibilities:
-bad/low gas
-timing

I don't think it's timing since my motor never stalled out before I had to change the starter. Any other suspected possibilities?
Did it run ok before you changed starter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotricebih View Post
How can I tell if my s14 t28 is ball bearing not? I've searched and found no definate answer.
In the grand scheme of things, aside from fittings, it's not going to make any real HP difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevmeistah21 View Post
soooooooooooooooo my ride height fluctuates and i don't know why...

I'm on megan streets and the ride height adjust on its on.. Coilovers aren't blown and all the lockrings are tight..

ex. car is parked and it's at the ride height i set it at. Then i drive it and an hour later it's raised about a half inch to an inch. Some days it won't change at all and it'll be perfect, but most of the time it's fluctuating.

I've heard from someone that it could be worn out bushings..
That's pretty drastic for 'worn' bushings; to the point that you'd hafta feel a shitty ride or it would clunk for being that soft.

Do you have any preload in your coilover spring? If so remove it (unlock the cop collar that touches the sprung, and lower it until you can rotate the spring around in the housing (not so it rattles, just loose enough to spin)

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote