View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 07:22 PM   #30
drift freaq
R.I.P. Aya, always love

Trader Rating: (215)
drift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfectiondrift freaq is close to perfection
Quote:
Originally Posted by donandal View Post
Your right about some of what we did not being needed...

thats why the things I listed as being needed for the PLAN for a kit
didn't include the BCM or NATS (reflash ECU is listed) etc.

the rear diff was listed as INFO for planning
I don't think you'd stick with a stock rear end

all of the remaining items were INFO, optional,or would need to be
supplied or a source/ parts list could be suggested....
for example the bracket relocating the shifter

the intent was to point out things that needed to be addressed
in an easier way....
VQ swaps any easier now days?
yes except stuff you listed was most likely not needed and does not make the swap easier. Actually getting a J30 diff which has the ABS sensor on it is an ideal thing. As it has 3.90 gearing which is the hot setup gear wise in the 350Z world. Though some 350 guys are even running 4.08's which are stock in our cars and there are 4.08 ABS diffs. If you really want to get down to brass tacks of plans for a kit.

It comes down to this.

engine mounts with a bracket of some sort to reangle them.
Shfiter bracket.
transmission mount bracket as the stock or aftermarket mounts can be used. Its been done.
Custom driveshaft which we had already talked about.
possible reclocked exhuast flange setup for clearances.

Though at this point you have entered the realm of an over $500 install kit. Now if people do most of this stuff themselves it would not cost as much.

Though asking people to pony up an extra $500 or more for the kit starts pushing it into the realm of an buying an LSX kit.

If someone sells a basic kit with the engine mounts and brackets and shifter bracket sure.

As for can a R200 diff handle the torque? It is no problem, it is a very stout diff that Nissan used in a lot of Higher HP cars than ours.

Now sure there is the dakota digital converter, and there is the issue of the fuel temp sender which actually can be worked around. Without having to do the extensive gas mods you guys did.

I was going to do a kit originally there was not enough interest. Hence (outside of Mckinney) all other kits that were started have ceased to exist.
Hence it becoming more of a project by project deal at this time.

240 people are not exactly spend happy. They want to do things in the most cost affordable way they can. Sorry but its a fact.

This is just something I have watched come about in the last few years.

Once again I give you props for your swap.

New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebV1OnbRsw
Buy my mounts!
http://zilvia.net/f/sale-items/51531...ns-mounts.html
http://zilvia.net/f/tech-talk/317539...e-mouts-6.html
drift freaq is offline   Reply With Quote