View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 02:27 PM   #31
Rafa-Z
Leaky Injector

Trader Rating: (12)
Rafa-Z is an unknown quantity at this point
dude I dont know why you think welding is ghetto if anything it's less ghetto than shimming and it lasts longer too if done correctly. I had a nismo 2 way and it's the same shit as my welded except they need to have the oil changed a lot more frequently than a welded. Plus its true VLSDs are horrible especially on water.

I've been tracking and daily driving it for 2 years now and have 260whp on my sr and there is absolutely no problem with it and its bs that they drive funny or that you will fall off of a cliff or whatever stories they tell.

But if buying everything from a BRAND NAME and paying more gives you piece of mind than by all means do it. There is no problem with that.

I had a 1 piece aluminum shaft on my 300zx N/A and the response is a lot faster. You can hear them humming but I never had any vibrations. Now this car was not for drifting which is what I do now with my s13 so I'm also debating on either getting a 1 piece steel or aluminum. I kept my aluminum from my old 300zx and measured it and it was the same length as the s13 and I found the yolk that will fit into the s13 tranny. But I still dont know if I should use steel or aluminum for my application.
Rafa-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links