View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 10:43 PM   #38
codyace
Post Whore!

Trader Rating: (58)
codyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfectioncodyace is close to perfection
Send a message via AIM to codyace
With this all said, I do have a Driveshaft Shop 1 piece steel in my S14. It was not balanced well from them, and even with flipping it on the rear flange, and switching it's relationship with the trans too, it still had a horrible vibration. I took it to the shop that does our big truck driveshafts and they rebalanced it, and it's been fine ever since. I sent an email to driveshaft shop about it, and that I had it rebalanced by a shop. They were not very happy about me having it balanced by my shop, and said the warrenty on it would now by void. They suggested that I should have taken it out, shipped it back, had it 'fixed' and then had it shipped back...sorry DSS i'm not waiting 2-3 weeks for your product when I had it back up and running in 2.

Would I buy a DSS shaft again? Hard to say. Fitment was obviously perfect, but the product was not....and their return policy sucks, especially when a Spicer shop rebalances it for me.

In regard to 'feel' or 'power' I can be honest that I didn't feel a damn thing with my car at all...not even in the 'seat of the pants'. However It was a worthwhile upgrade for me, considering my factory U joint failed, and I wanted to upgrade to domestic sized U joints.

Want Air Conditioning in your SR20 Swapped car? Check out www.sr20acbrackets.com for more information!

Quest Alternator Conversions for SR20! Check my Group Buy!

Tired of lousy internal gates? Go external wastegate with one of my manifolds, Check out my group buy
codyace is offline   Reply With Quote