View Single Post
Old 01-15-2002, 02:06 PM   #51
ca18guy
Premium Member

Trader Rating: (0)
ca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfectionca18guy is close to perfection
Minime686: ".  i would change the block to aluminum or some stronger metal than iron.  if i had the kind of money for 600hp id have the kind of money for that.  you cant trust a stock block for that kind of hp.  its stressing it tooo much and that engine gots some miles so... its not at the top of its game."  

Iron is stronger then aluminum, thats one of the weakness's of the SR. I don't see how it's possible to make an iron SR block.  SR blocks have been none to handle 600 HP anyway.

Minime: "any design flaws, instabilitie's in the block, completly bad flow in the head design" i under stood that as weak parts.   "

Maybe you did'nt read past it, I said exactly "But that does'nt include any design flaws, instabilitie's in the block, completly bad flow in the head design (not saying the KA doe's just throwing some things out there)" Notice what I said in the parentheses.

Minime686:"now your probably one of those anti big block i hate v8's people.  "

I swear u been on this board awhile. I always support the guys that show up wanting to put a V8 in there 240SX's. Do a search and in most V8 posts i'm in there saying it's a good idea. To tell you the truth once I sell my car it will most likely be the only and last 4 cylinder I ever own (unless I need a cheap family car) I really don't prefer 4 cylinder's.

Finally I relize when you say that a V10 Viper engine can make more HP then a SR your right about that. But 4 cyl. to 4 cyl. the .4 liter advantage is a very minute advantage that can be overcome with engineering.
ca18guy is offline   Reply With Quote