View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 12:43 AM   #45
Halz
BANNED

Trader Rating: (0)
Halz is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks like my sarcasm, subtle sometimes even in real life, has gotten me into trouble!
Maybe if I didn't have apparently the elitist track record I do and I said the same thing, the humor could have been well received.

I just recently bought some $25 rod ends to replace the 2 year old TC rod joints that developed end play.

I wouldn’t buy a tool I knew sucked, or had unproven quality if I was expecting to depend on it heavily, like a torque wrench, and might one day have that tool blow up in my hand when I depended on it. So what if it could be replaced under warranty? It failed when it needed to perform, and the operator was put at risk due to the failure.

What I have experienced at the track has reinforced how acceptable the car can perform with predominantly stock components. For example, without installing huge rotors and calipers, the stock brakes are still more than enough to lock up the tires at high speed, and be resistant to fade with just more aggressive brake pads. So... why are people upgrading the brake system when they haven’t even touched the potential of the stock system? Is a 30mm rotor really worth the added weight over a 26mm rotor, or a 22mm rotor, all with the same diameter?

I am all for changing/modifying the 240... I just don’t like seeing people haphazardly slap some tyte shyt on their car that was marketed directly towards them, and then talk amongst themselves about how great it all is, ignorant to what out there might still be even better in performance, cost, etc. Its possible those $100 rod ends will last 4x longer than these $25 rod ends I just bought. Nobody will know until they do research.
Halz is offline   Reply With Quote