View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 04:02 PM   #116
kingkilburn
Philosopher King

Trader Rating: (0)
kingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfectionkingkilburn is close to perfection
sidewaysil80 I would suggest you pull your head out of your ass and study some American history. Not about the wars abroad but the wars here.
Go look up black neighborhoods in Chicago where if you were black and not in your place you could be killed by police, legally. Or you can look up the deed for an old house and look at all the races and religions the owner was barred from selling or renting to by law.

Do some research on how the federal government backs home and business loans until about thirty years ago. I'll give you a hint, one person "of color" within five miles means it ain't gonna happen. You can even find current laws disallowing IQ tests on black people.

Here's another tidbit, the projects were put in to limit upward mobility of ethnic groups. Why do you think they NEVER leveled a white neighborhood to put one in?

Systematic institutionalized racism. Time and again. Not only against blacks but chiefly so. Steps have been taken to fix the problems but much of what created ethnic and socioeconomically disparity in this country remains in place.

I can and have written essays on this subject. It was kind of my life's work until college was put on hold.